1) When did you begin working at ROAR Logistics and what made you want to work there?
I began working at ROAR Logistics in August of 2019. I have always had an interest in logistics since it is a fast-paced, interesting process that keeps the world moving and is nearly in every industry. ROAR stood out to me after learning about their mission “Our client sleeps tonight.” To me, this means ROAR has dedicated employees who focus on outstanding customer service and hold their employees accountable.
2) What is your job title and describe your position at ROAR Logistics:
My job title is Intermodal Account Manager in Operations. I take care of communication with our drayage carriers to cover shipments for our customers picking up in the Midwest and Cleveland area.
3) How have you grown in your position / how do you hope to grow in the future?
I came to ROAR knowing very little about the industry. I’ve grown by listening to others’ knowledge and asking questions so I can excel in my roles. I still have a ton to learn, but I definitely have come a long way from when I started. I hope to eventually take on a new role in a different department to learn another side of this industry.
4) Describe what it’s like working on a team at ROAR and how this has been beneficial to you:
I enjoy working on a team at ROAR. Everyone is willing to help each other out, which is very beneficial. I value everyone’s knowledge and suggestions, especially in a team setting because it gives us all the opportunity to work together more effectively.
5) What is the craziest challenge you’ve had to overcome on the job?
The most challenging part of the job is that it just takes time to learn the intermodal routings, the customers, the carriers, ect. There is so much that goes into getting the product picked up for our customers from start to finish. So, I would say the most challenging part is the patience to learn the company and all that comes with it.