ROAR Logistics is a global transportation service provider offering an extensive portfolio of rail, ocean, air, and highway services to aid our clients in the delivery of their products around the world. We have an immediate opening in our San Francisco intermodal office for a disatcher.
The position requires the candidate to work independently and as part of a team to source/secure customer orders and procure qualified carriers to transport freight in a timely manner while maximizing margins, developing relationships, and minimizing risks.
- Understand and execute ROAR’s carrier set-up & compliance procedures & guidelines.
- Dispatch drivers with a high-level of detail and input all pertinent driver/shipment details into the TMS system and continue monitoring, communicating and updating the - Transportation Management System (TMS) until the completion.
- Market ROAR to customers and carriers by calling business directories, loadboards, contact lists, leads, referrals, carrier lists, etc.
- Update/enter customer and carrier profiles in the TMS.
- Route, enter, and schedule (or reschedule) customer load tenders and related administrative duties with accuracy and efficiency.
- Source (new and existing) carriers to build a pipeline/network for supporting ROAR customers and to pre-plan the use of carrier equipment for efficiency.
- Aggressive rate negotiations with carrier partners to hit target booking prices.
- Be a problem-solver and solutions-provider to all customers, carriers, and ROAR associates.
- Other tasks as assigned by the ROAR Management team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required. Associate Degree in Logistics, and/or one to two years of experience in the logistics industry preferred.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Email System.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced, dead-line driven, stressful environment. Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
ROAR Logistics is a subsidiary of Rich Products Corporation. Rich Products Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Rich Products Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.